The recent news involving the Novel Coronavirus is creating concern across the globe. As you may be aware, a new strand of the Coronavirus, technically referred to as 2019-nCoV, can lead to fever, cough and general respiratory distress. In a
proactive measure based on guidelines issued by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Nassau County Department of Health is implementing a 14-day voluntary quarantine for all travelers from mainland China.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizing products. Avoid touching face eyes nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home when feeling ill.
- If exhibiting flu-like symptoms, such as fever and cough, consult your physician.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.